Monday, January 22, 2018

House Guests

So, during this illness/emerg surg with my cousin, her family has really rallied from around the country flying in, texting, FB posts, etc.  It is really heartwarming.  Her two nieces, my 2nd (or 3rd?) cousins have stayed at my house.  We have had some great talks and quality time helping prop each other up.  We have seen positives in my cousin battling cancer, in becoming agreeable to patch up some of her estranged relations.  I have spoken with her directly about God and dying.  My heart is heavy but full.  I am tired.  I know my husband would like to get his house back (and our 3rd vehicle).  But my dogs and my kitty (and me) will sure miss these 2 awesome gals that have added so much texture to my life and I am positive will add in the future.

Life is so precious.  In other news, a 77 year old neighbor died from the flu this past Saturday.  I do not know if she was otherwise in good health or not, prior to the flu.  We had mild warm weather the entire weekend and now it is turning ugly.  It is noon on Monday and the last Monday of the last January of the last winter I will live in Missouri, God willing.  Oh no, one more January Monday - the 29th.  I need to remember to be grateful for today.

Hug your loved ones.  I gave my Granny big hug on way home from hospital yesterday, stopped to see her.  She looks tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment