Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Funk Be Gone

Fri and Sat last week, I was in a funk.  Sunday was very relaxing and replenishing.  We stayed home, cooked some white chili and some homemade bread and relaxed.  I even took a walk, as it got up into the 30's.  We have had weather closer to teens for 2-3 weeks, which is little below normal here for this time of year.  I loved getting out and feeling the sun and looking around at nature.  Esp knowing, it still could be several weeks before I get to do that again.

I wonder if part of my problem is that I am moving this year.  I have noticed friends sort of back away a little.  I don't blame them.  People are busy.  I had a cousin come into town but was sick, so we did not get together out of fear I will get sick.  I am on an immunosuppressant and nervous about the flu.  She went on down 40 miles or so to see our other cousin, who has also been sick.  I told them next time.  I had coffee with some friends last night after work and it was great! 

I did some more project cleaning (including my entire downstairs) and my pantry and under kitchen sink.  I belong to a FB group called "A Bowl Full of Lemons" and they have a challenge room/area each month.  January is the kitchen!  That feels good.

I also dumped a car load of my DH clothes off at thrift store.  I listed 4 more of his suits and several other things and he threw 2 boots in for thrift and 1 pair out from wear.  He is really getting on board and I am proud of him.  I am tweaking my wardrobe a bit too, getting rid of more work clothes.  I have decided that quality stuff that is warm and useful that I might want when I am older, if I cannot sell it, I will store 2 boxes under the bed.  This is all the clothes storing I will allow myself!

I have steadily had a few sales, I am making a second pass at the house and taking more to RH.  Plan to get city house down to bare bones.  We have 4 more pieces of furniture (sideboard cubby, antique chest of drawers, antique secretary and one filing cabinet) maybe couple more to move before we stage our house.  Then we will only have 5 bookcases to move after our house sells, a couple of chairs, an armoire, a bakers rack and a file cabinet.  We are going to try to stretch this out over next 3 months.  Then we will have gotten our money out of an older suburban we bought, that we had to put a bit more money into than we expected.  As I start to feel the overwhelmed list, I think about looking at the new beginning, not the old ending.  There is more power in looking for the good in the possibilities, not the past.  I am now convinced I am going to sell my more expensive SUV and go without a 4th car, or trade it for a small truck.  We may not have luck selling outright, so we will try that first and then trade if nec.

We do still have a lot of hunting and camping gear, but now that we have pretty much decided I am retiring with him this fall, we might need it and figure that will be a good time to weed that out.  So much for no-buy January, I got an awesome deal on a brand new pair of leather Columbia hiking boots on PM for $55!  My DH found a good deal on a pair that he had been wanting for several years - Vasque.  So, I don't feel bad because they really are more of a necessity than the normal clothes we buy.  I just dream about those hikes we want to take in retirement state.  I think about that everytime i have to bundle up and walk my dogs here in city.  RH has a fenced backyard and doggie door!  Can't wait!  Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment