Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Break Already?

My longest break from blogging so far.  Busy working on a project at work.  Finished and did annual HCA on mine and DH to get $50 x2 on cards for prescriptions.  Then did online CE for insurance license and got that renewed.  Paid one other license.  Now I am ready to go home. 
I enjoy reading blogs.  I read a blog called A Cup of Jo and she asks everyone what they learned in 2017.  I like the post and I like the comments.  Some of them were inspiring.  I had a bad day yesterday, had a sort of disagreement with someone I was helping out.  I understand this comes with the territory, but it is still hard.  Is not my battle to fight...it is hers.  I just clean my side of the street.  I answered Jo's question as follows, still somewhat full of my new year's vigor which was almost extinguished in one tense conversation.  I have to learn not to let these things interfere with my joy (my word of 2017).
What did you learn this year?  A Cup of Jo
I learned that we are all connected in humanity and we are all of nature and essentially looking for the same things...shelter, water, food, safety...  By reminding myself that first and foremost I am a creature of nature and some things can be explained by science (I get depressed when my body is troubled, bad news accumulates in me and causes problems, I have tides and waves, even if I am not perfect I am still loveable (and loved), I am still learning, I still want to learn.  The more I learn, the better off I am.  The more I learn, the more open I am and the more open I am, the better I can learn to love others.  The more I love others, the more I can receive love back.  The more love I am capable of, the happier I am.  The happier I am, the more of service I can be and the more of service I am, the more I reflect the love and grace God has shown me through his son, Jesus.  P.S.  it's not always about me.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I don't think I've got my lesson for the year summed up yet but I think there's a lot to be said for learning how to be a different person for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to discover your blog and to have you visit Buttercupland. Please stop by often! I retired over 4 years ago and what a treat it's been. I'm in my same apartment and city, but after years of long hours and a long commute, I'm able to enjoy all that New York offers. One of my retirement activities is yoga. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go find Buttercupland! I at least followed you on your Google profile. I have a lot to learn! Namaste Carol. Weather here made me miss it yesterday so I may actually attempt to do it myself at home (gasp!).

      Delete
  3. I think my lesson from last year is that I'm ready to retire. glad I found your blog, I used to read your other blog a few years ago and enjoyed it. all the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first blog though. Let's keep in touch as we both go through this process!

      Delete