Sunday, September 23, 2018

Reading

I am right now finishing up Patti Boyd's memoir,  Wonderful Tonight.  It is pretty interesting,  but I like hearing about early Beatles,  George Harrison and Eric Clapton each wrote songs (two of my favorites ever) about her.  Something and Wonderful Tonight.

I recently finished Burt Reynold's memoir.  It started a bit slow.  Like he was doing a lot of name dropping, but that is essentially how he organized his thoughts.  By person...then I got used to it and enjoyed it.  He is pretty blunt and entertaining.

Sally Field was his one big regret.  He had a few others. 

Now I have put in a hold for Sally Field's memoir!  I can't wait!  Hers looks to be really good.

Another book I am putting on my list: 

Our faith is not a facade we erect to convince ourselves and others that pain doesn’t hurt—it is an oak tree that can withstand the storms of doubt and pain in our lives, and grow stronger through them.
   -The Scars that have Shaped Me
       --Vaneetha Rendall Risner

Going to NFL party today and taking the pup so she can run.

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Burt Reynolds' and Sally Fields' books should be very interesting. Did you ever see his center fold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I did not see it. He has been pretty vocal that not only does he regret it, but he thought the fall-out from that centerfold caused the movie Deliverance to not get the acclaim it deserved. And he really loved the director and his co-stars.

      Delete