Thursday, September 20, 2018

More Adventures at the Extended Stay

Negative complaining post...warning.  If you need a ray of sunshine, do not read.  Haha. 

I forget to mention that after our dog got bitten, his fur turned black on his bum.  But we looked him over and the skin was not broken, so we let it go.  Well, few weeks later, fur is black and the vet said that happens from injury such as a clamp, sort of like the fur is bruised.  Crazy.  It never seemed to hurt him, fortunately.

So I pull in to hotel last week one day after work and park.  Look in my review view mirror and see this!  What the heck!  We never heard anything about it.  The manager was standing outside later same day and made jokes but would not tell us what happened. 

Then Monday I went to hotel at noon to let pup get out and play a bit, walk outside.  And I see this!


Last night at 1:30 am, the fire alarm is going off.  I hear loud noises across the hall and look out the peep hole.  The door is wide open and there is smoke and someone is fanning a towel and people are stopping outside in the hall looking in the room, talking loudly. 

By the time I get my pants on and clip the pup's leash, they are shouting and laughing.  I can smell plastic-y type smoke.  I wake DH and tell him that I think alarm will stop soon but I am going to go ahead and take pup out to potty.  By the time I open the door the alarm stops, but there are about 20 people - all this same group (they have several rooms on our floor) all standing outside in the hallway talking loudly.  Same thing as I come back in and go back in our room.  I finally went back to sleep around  3am, woke up again 4am, then hard sleep until 5:30 when it is about time to get up.

The thing about sleep disruption constant over time, is I start to anticipate and dread sleep.  I am starting to have a low grade buzzing anxiety all revolving around sleep.  So is DH and so are our dogs.  The Chihuahua's do not even bark anymore at such nonsense.  They are used to it all around us.  The pup was doing so well, well she is now having accidents.  It is almost over, I keep telling myself.

I am just disgusted how rude and filthy people in this hotel are - they smoke right outside the doors, so you have to walk through it, discard their butts everywhere.  People don't pick up their dog doo.  Now there is even a broken bottle out in the grass where people walk their dogs - I just shake my head and want to go to my house and retreat.

So crazy.  Gotta get out of here. 

5 comments:

  1. I would call the police since it seems to involve the motel you are in. My safety is my business. If the motel does not tell you things and you get hurt, it is a big problem for them. People can sue for that. Of course, being safe is you objective, no suing after harm is done.

    Here, and probably there, police reports are published in the paper.

    I have never heard of bruised fur!

    How much longer until you are in your house. Walking through smoke is hard to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you have the fodder for a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remind me sometime, I will email you the idea I have for a book. Hey...you could edit!

      Delete
  3. Aggravating as blazes but that place could never be called boring. Hope you are close to leaving.

    ReplyDelete