Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Forgive

Colossians 3:13
13  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Sure is easier to figure out someone elses issues - like deciding they need to forgive.  Hahaha.  But harder when I look at my own quandary.  But forgiving is actually better for ourselves too.  Not to is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to get sick.  I see a lot of people around who need to forgive, so I am going to work on that myself.  Couple of people have disappointed me lately but I cannot control people, places, situations. 

Another person who (actually 2) who have voiced such feelings to me I wanted to say "it is not always about you".  So, maybe that is where I can start!  The other thing I pointed out is look at the positives.  One person is grieving a breakdown about family - this person going through a really hard time right now.  But she had 4 people who dropped everything to be there for her and she was focused on the ones that were missing. 

Great workout last night and coffee with friends.  To bed early, allergies affecting me - sore throat.  Slept great - thank goodness the stompers were quiet last night as were the people directly across the hall.  DH had dental procedure yesterday, so he needed the rest also.

I really do need to do a little drifting.  Just enough to put on my own oxygen mask.  Just in time for a few friends I have in my life who I still love, but I just find lacking.  I will drift quietly, not burn the bridge in huge dramatic fashion as of bygone life. 

Maybe it has nothing to do with me, or everything.  I don't need to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I wonder why they are not stomping. Moved? Died? Others complained?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must be out replenishing their meth supply :). Sorry, not sorry.

      Delete