Monday, September 24, 2018

Our Last Monday


Before the Israelites arrived in the Promised Land, they spent decades wandering the desert. That’s where God cared for His people so much He provided manna in the morning and quail at night. (Exodus 16:12) But God only provided food six days of the week. Moses said, “Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, which is a Sabbath, there will be none” (Exodus 16:26, ESV). And, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Tomorrow is a day of solemn rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD … ’” (Exodus 16:23a).

Yesterday was a day of blissful rest.  We went to a friends to watch football.   We took a pizza.  My friend sent us home with enough pulled pork for 3 sandwiches!

Even last night I slept great.   But I sure am grouchy today.  Still fighting this site throat going on 3 weeks now.

But my thoughts this morning are on two things.  How God has always provided for me and how quickly time marches on, making me want to relish in gratitude this morning.  Even as we are counting down the days, we are still aware just how much grace in our lives we have received. 

So, even when I am grouchy.  I have to laugh because I know I need to reign in my inner 5 year old, when things don't go my way.  After all, I did not get bronchitis or even a sinus infection. 

When I read this post I paste above, I had to knock on wood mentally, because while I assume we will have good health the next 3 months (with more rest, relaxation, less stress, less eating out) I certainly could be wrong.  So it is with God's will, we have good health.  And my wish is for any of you who read this to also have good health.

We drove by our old neighborhood yesterday, our favorite neighbors had some mail for us that had not been forwarded.  We got to catch up with them real quick.  We just love these people to bits.  Then we lounged at home and talked about our plans this week.  We decided after dinner wed night we will do the bulk of our room pack up.  Which leaves me time to sleep in Friday, since Thursday is my last day at work. 

What are your plans for this week?

2 comments:

  1. This week I am trying to get any sicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest sinus but you have ruled it out. Maybe check with an ENT--ear, nose and throat doctor? That is a long time for no improvement.

    ReplyDelete