Friday, September 14, 2018

Charlie Update

I called yesterday to the shelter near our retirement home to check on our new rescue dog we are adopting - Charlie.  She got all her shots and was spayed Tuesday.  The woman I spoke with said she is doing very well.  It is like nothing at all happened to her.  Pups bounce back quick.  DH cannot wait to meet her and I cannot wait to see her and give her love. 

I found a pet sitter through Rover app that will take her all day during the days we have to work these last 2 weeks.  So, that is quite a relief.  DH and I are going to stop back by and meet him, introduce Charlie to him Sunday.  Then Monday on my way to work, I will take Charlie there and pick her up on my way back home.

I am now coughing, have low back pain.  My head is very congested, but I am still free of sinus infection.  DH is worse.  DH has also had some dental procedures on top of this.  Poor DH.  DH has had 3 colds in less than 3 months here, I have had 2.  I have not been sick in the past 4 years before this stay - DH even longer.

If it were not for picking up our new doggy, we prob would stay in the city this weekend.  Oh well, that is the way it is.  DH bringing back our large SUV anyway to clean out his office and our hotel room.  I assured him I could get all the stuff in hotel in our car/truck (didn't need SUV) but he thought otherwise.  I am moving most of our our cooking tools/ingredients this weekend.  Last weekend I moved my smoothie blender and ingredients.  I am taking 2 lamps, rug and some clothes to goodwill.  And I am giving most of our Tupperware and 2 giant throw pillows to my co worker friend.  Must of our toiletries we have used up, so will throw out bunch of barely left sfuff.  I will do this on Friday 9/28 while DH has his going away lunch at work.

I put in my 2 week notice yesterday.  I asked the support manager in charge of my unit please no speech, no donuts.  I would be uncomfortable.  He said he really wanted to something since I had been here so long, 8 years.  I laughed and corrected him.  No, I have been here almost 11 years!  He acquiesced about the recognition. 

I am going to lunch next Friday with a couple co workers.  And Thurs the 27th, we are having a happy hour for about 15-20 of us that I actually know.  Then, next morning, I can clear room out while DH finishes up.  Today I am calling my actual boss, I emailed her yesterday.  She is in Chicago.  I am going to ask again, whether any opportunity for working from home.  Prob not but I will at least ask again. 

Can't believe we are this close!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really are getting close. It will be gone before you no it. The pet sitter sounds much better than kenneling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been so well behaved and submissive to the chi's that we are not even kenneling. I am going home everyday from work for a long break at noon. Saves us $300.

      Delete