Wednesday, September 5, 2018

More Letting Stuff Go, Literally and Figuratively

Took a load to Goodwill last weekend and another monday.

I still have a lot to go, but plenty of time.  All our stuff is basically fitting into our house, barn and shop.  I even have some areas that are not full, so I can work out where stuff logically can be kept.  I still have too much stuff though.  I am not sure DH feels the same way!  Go figure! 

Part of what we disagree with is cars and toys.  He thinks more is better with most things.  I used to live that way too.  Still do, but I am changing.  So, I understand that I will have better luck doing and letting him follow along. 

I have told him that I am ready to sell my motorcycle.  He took it better than I thought.  I did mention I was pretty much ready, but I would not do anything until spring.  It is a street cruiser and I am just not really into it anymore.  I for sure do not see us doing any more touring.  This cruiser is not really appropriate for long trips.  But I can do short trips on it.  I really don't have that desire now.  I told DH I would wait until spring to decide for sure.  I think we should be completely moved and settled in first before I sell it.  I can think about it over the winter. 

Do you all have something that you think of getting rid of or have gotten rid of that was difficult?  I hope you will comment.

I broke down and joined a gymn literally next building over from the hotel - for one month!  It is just getting dark so early, rainy and not fun anymore to walk over where I used to live.  I worked out last night on the elliptical and treadmill while it was dark and rainy outside.  I really enjoyed the relief.  I did 5 miles!

Today it is rainy still (is good - we need it) and I am planning on yoga tonight.  Although I got a puzzling message from the yoga studio last week asking if I paid.  I paid instructor directly instead of having the office deduct from my credit card and they said it was not put in the lock box.  I never heard anything more.

That reminds me...I have paid $70 a week to have our retirement house mowed this summer.  He is slow to cash the checks.  The last 2 I wrote were from early August.  I asked him - he said he is just slow to cash them.  Well, he has not mowed the last 2 weekends we were down so I texted Friday - he said "I will be there tomorrow".  Nothing.  Sunday nothing.  So I call Monday - no answer and his cell won't allow messages.  I texted...nothing.  So I texted this morning asking for him to please respond...ugggghhhhh.

I am so tired of relaying on other people to help me do things THAT I PAY HANDSOMELY FOR.  These are the people that are going to come back and kill me aren't they?  I watch way too much true crime shows.  Hahahaha.  I can't rant and rave like a lunatic, but boy it sure is frustrating.  Geez people.  I want what I want.  Now (stomps foot). 

I am practicing light and love.  Hahaha.  Light and love...and authority.  It is a fine line. 

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
     --Spinal Tap

I am rambling - have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Getting rid of the bassinet was extremely difficult. My mother bought it second-hand for my first child. I lent it to my sister and then used it for my two other children. My house was so huge that keeping it was not a hardship at all. I got rid of it when my last was about 30-years-old and my mother had died, so there was a lot of memories attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember selling my bike. A friend said he hadn't seen me on the road and I said I was thinking of selling. He went to town and when he came back he said he had a buyer. Easiest sale ever and I didn't get a chance to change my mind.

    ReplyDelete