Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Expectations

A blogger whose blog I read wrote last week about putting pressure on herself and then not meeting expectations.  I related a lot to that.  We spend, spend, spend (time, efforts, resources, money) up to the crazy holidays, then I feel guilty and restless when I just sit still and then the day after expect my checkbook, my weight and my gastrointestinal system to be at normal.  Not so fast!  Then, add in some advertisements about sales, some social media posts where people's outsides don't look like my insides...YIKES.  Let me off the treadmill!  At least now that I am in middle age, I am a little more seasoned in my perspective.  But I do really feel for people who are young and naïve going through this time.  I used to absolutely mourn post Christmas.  Now I LOVE it.  I still do sort of expect a little too much from myself, but I just remember that today is just for today.  Yesterday is over and tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Just enjoy...and put one foot in front of the other.

Cold, snowy and gray today.  Back to work.  Back to sitting and having too much time to think and less distractions.  But I am happy, because my perspective is getting much better with age - just like good leather and wood.  I don't say wine, because I do not drink.

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot to be said for contentment. It is cold and grey and dry here. Dry is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now realized I have comments, hahahah. I am very "green" to the blog world. I also read and enjoy your blog. Have a great week! We got ice yesterday and more tomorrow! Yuck. I would much rather have snow.

      Delete