Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday Start Over

I worked 60 hours last weekend.  I did not get enough of a break this weekend, skipped church to rest and get stuff done at home.  I did feel OK later Sat (just skipped lunch).  Went to dinner and a program with a couple of good girl friends.  DH stayed home.  I could tell he was missing me, texted me sev times when he was off and playing golf with his brother Friday and then I worked all day and did not get home till 9 Sat.  We spent Sun together.  I cooked and cleaned, the house was neglected after Thanksgiving being gone and then working so much last week.  Laundry.

We did get our bikes winterized.  I filled mine with gas and left it in driveway while he cleaned out corner of garage to fit them in enough to be able to bring his car in for winter, so its not iced in the mornings when he goes to work.  I always have mine fit in, on left side.  Plus, my car is an expensive new car, so we try to take really good care of it.  I had planned to sell mine next year if I can't find work in my new state.  The more I think about it, the more I think I will just plan to sell it regardless.  We could use the extra savings.  It is sort of stressful having a nice car, lots of hazards and people seem to just slam their doors into it and it just kills me.  It is starting to own me.

When we rode to get gas, just a couple of miles we saw about 10 bikes.  Everyone enjoying the mild weather before it drops to 20's tonight!  I hurried and did a nice walk yesterday while hubby put the bikes in garage, put gas additive in the tank and put them on trickle chargers.  Today I am SORE and have a head ache!  Stomach is better, but not great. 

I am not optimal for a Monday, but I have decided I am going to hit "restart".  I will decide how this week goes!  And it is going to be great, even if I am a little tired!  I heard a saying this morning that inspired me.  "Life is short, but it's also wide".  After all, I have a great DH, food cooked in the kitchen, toys winterized, hot yoga and super moon tonight (I thought it was yesterday), an overtime paycheck coming, great friends, dogs I love...life is good!  Have a great Monday!

What I did to simpliy this past weekend:  cleaned lower cabinets and cleared out corner of garage (DH did), we got rid of a huge Rubbermaid storage thing w/no lid, I sold a pair of shoes and a purse and I am giving away a vest (maybe).  I also cleaned out a bunch of pottery off the tops of my cabinets and cleaned out basement linen closet and stuff stored in the basement bathroom vanity.  It's not much, but it is something.  I have pretty much gathered the next load to take to RH in 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment