Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tough Tuesday

Well, last night was my last hot yoga with my yoga instructor that I like so much.  She is moving to another location where she will have mostly day classes and possibly be able to work into something  where she can use her nutrition training.  Today I am really sore.  It was such a good class.  I am really going to miss it and miss her.  She is really sweet.  I know my GF (T) who recently had neck sx is sad she was not there to take one last class. 

So, I returned a classic white dress shirt I ordered online today.  I decided that if I ever do need a classic white button down shirt, I will find one but I don't need it now.  DH and I were talking to his brother and my SIL Friday when we met the new puppy and we were all talking about getting to be in our 50's and making career changes.  BIL is selling his beautiful new truck that he loves because he is making a career change and they are even considering downsizing their house.  DH is 63 and he thinks even finding a PT gig when we retire will be challenging.  I thought about it more and decided that I did not want to work 50-60 hours a week PLUS commute 45 min each way while DH sits at home.  He is 13 years older than I am and I don't ever want to look back and have regrets.  Our budget might be slim, but we think we can manage.  So, I feel comfortable and excited to sell me car in the spring.  I do not want to work to pay for a car.  It is crazy the switch DH and I are having as we think about this new possibility.  I am kicking my downsizing wardrobe into high gear now and even more so when winter is over.  So, about March we will be entering super-purge phase, prep'g house for sale and we will list my car.  WOW.

This past week I did some more spot deep cleaning, packed up another load to take to RH 12/22.  Listed 7 suits and a tuxedo DH owns, gave SIL a raised/covered cake plate, may have found a home for my cat (2 people who really want a cat are considering) and donated 2 large boxes of Christmas decorations/ornaments/gift bags/bows.  I also threw away a bunch of used bows and gift bags/confetti stuffing for gift bags that I have collected since late 80's.  I felt ashamed that i have wasted time/space/energy with such useless and stupid stuff.

Feel great.  I have not had dairy (again) for over a week and I think that was what was making me sick again.  Before an "experiment" trying it a little bit, i had not had it for over 2 years.  At least I am more convinced that it really is a problem for me.  Oh, well. I will deal with avoiding it.  I hope you have a great rest of your Tuesday!  It is getting really cold here, but DH took a brisk 4 mile walk with me Sunday and i loved the Vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment