Wednesday, December 6, 2017

2017 Coming to an End Soon

I like the end of the year where we reflect and recall what happen during the year.  I am either trying to avoid getting sick or trying to get sick, I havent decided yet.  So I have tried to slow down a little bit and have had some moments to think. 

The beginning of 2017 had me worrying about one of my long time friends. She had gotten in a heated argument with her male friend and found herself in some trouble.  I helped her through that.  Then my DGM got sick and went into hospital and spent her 98th and my 50th birthday there.  She went to rehab mid March and finally home late April.  Late June I did overtime until October.  July I learned another childhood friend was having some mental instability and has been in the psychiatric hospital twice.  All my classmates turned 50 this year with me, we had a lunch at my house in Aug.  I went to the lake to celebrate my cousins 50th birthday.  I have watched a relative (PA) move and two others have cancer tx (MA2 and cousin S).  Another (BIL) learn he has slow cancer that does not require tx and have seen my SIL and her husband deal with his moms death and hourding for nearly a year.  I have seen a relative have substance abuse issues, another 2 have financial problems, I have seen cousins struggle to care for elderly parents, deal with abuse issues (a revelation revealed to me at a wedding) and I have received 2 baby shower invites (bought for 1 so far).  I have bought about 6 graduation gifts this year, given several monetary donations for animals and natural disaster victims and felt sad with the rest of the country as the hurricaines and wildfires raged this year.  While I happily received 2 wedding invites for next spring, i was sad to learn a relative is divorcing after one year and another relative is struggling with their marriage.  Finally, i have stood by helplessly and watched my dear neighbors while they watch their 49 yo daughter slip away from colon cancer.  At this point, her pain is so bad, I dont know what to pray for, except for God to comfort her and her family.

Current events are crazy, the entire world seems full of anger and hate.  But I have about as good a life now as I have ever had.  I have a wonderful husband, I have a great yoga class I love, a great group of friends and I have a job  and a roof over my head.  I do feel really overwhelmed at times with so much going on around me.  Now more than ever, I am making a daily effort to have daily contact with God.  I have been going back to church regularly and I know I have a God that looks over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment