Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thursday, Can we Talk?

My husband and I talked last night about Net Neutrality.  In February when my 2 years is up, I am going to WM mobile phone plan.  My friend at work has it and pays $40/month unlimited 3G.  We pay $100 a phone now!  We also pay $50 for internet and $100 for cable.  If net neutrality is overturned and internet goes way up, like $100 - we will chose between internet and cable.  My husband has not been able to cut the cord yet, but if internet goes up to what cable costs (and cable has been increasing too), we will choose.  I could tell he is leaning toward cutting cable.  He does not think how we could do without internet.  I think (other than reading and writing blogs) I could wean myself off.  Pay bills through the mail with checks and get off social media.  We could go to the library.  I could use 3G on my phone and spend some time that way, but I think I am also leaning toward cutting cable.  Reading, Amazon Prime, gardening, walking, sitting outside...I think we can manage. 
Well, it is still fairly mild weather for Dec, it was really windy yesterday, but temps in the mid 40's.  I had really quiet Tues and Wed this week, went home early and hung out with DH.  Started watching a new show on TV, Knightfall on History channel.  So far it is pretty good.  Going to meet a friend after work tonight for coffee.  Then tomorrow after my half day, I got to help Granny with her books.  I am going to try and remember to take her some of the cookies I made last Sat morning.  if I don't make efforts to segregate and wrap a bunch of them, DH will eat the majority of them and that is not good for him.  I guess it is a good thing we are not going to RH this weekend, so I can work on distributing some of these!  I told him Sat that I want to go to one of our city's museums Sat and maybe eat at our favorite Thai place, which is about 50 miles on other side of the city.  I don't have much Christmas stuff to do at all.  We don't have children and we already gave his parents their gift (a puppy!).  I usu buy my Granny something to eat, because she is frail and needs nourishment and encouragement eating.  Otherwise, I have toned down my Christmas spending every year and when DH retires next year, we will really cut down.  Have a great
Thursday.  Thanks for reading!
P.S.  I have given 4 more things away (plastic cups to my MA1) and sold 3 more things out of my closet!  Woooo hooooo.  Not big things, not expensive things, but things out!

1 comment:

  1. I heard "net neutrality" mentioned on the news the other day, but haven't researched into what it means yet. $100 per phone is a lot! We have iphones with Verizon and pay $40 per phone for 3 gb data plan. Since we are usually at home, or places with free wifi- we do not need an unlimited plan.

    ReplyDelete