Monday, December 18, 2017

Midday Monday

I will prob play catch up from being so lazy yesterday, so close to Christmas.  Oh well.  I am still going to try to get in 2, maybe even 3 yoga sessions since I did not walk yesterday.  It was cool and windy/drizzley most of the day but when I walked my dogs at 4:15 I realized it was dry enough I prob could have gotten in a walk - darn!  Oh well, it feels good to ease off just a bit.  Until I can't fit into my carefully cultivated wardrobe!  Ha.

So, today I am ticking off a check list of all the stuff I have to do 1)  before we go to RH/state for Christmas, 2)  what I will accomplish before we come back to the city and 3)  prepare for Christmas Eve and Day in the city.  That means, I will have to buy couple more grocery items before we leave so that I will have plenty of time to unload the car, take a walk and get ready for 5pm chuch when we get home (after 4 hour drive) Sunday!  Oh well, life is good - too much family/friends/activities and food...will be like a blur when we look back in cold/quiet January.  I always have liked that part of the year as I have gotten older - quiet January.  I time of really backing off and being quiet and intentional.  I wonder if this transition feeling will change next year when we are retired/semi retired?

So today I mailed off a large poncho I got a few years ago at a festival.  My friend remarked about the sizeable box I carried (we park and walk in together most mornings - 2 blocks in the cold/dark morning).  I explained that I no longer give in to the thought of buying an object that basically serves one purpose.  A poncho.  A blanket is a blanket and can be a poncho too.  But a poncho is just a poncho.  So, gone!  Out the door.  I did not sell anything else, but I am not surprised - only a week out from Christmas.  At this point, I have been selling on PM for exactly one year.  I remember last year it was quiet right before Christmas but surprisingly busy very soon after - all seemed like it was all through January.  People are spending Christmas cash I guess.  So, I have pretty much decided that I am going to continue through Jan and then wind down.  It takes a lot of activity to get stuff seen/sold/packaged/mailed on any forum - but especially lately.  Last year it seemed to happen much more easily, now I have to share/share/share and list/list/list...just getting tired of it.  I have decided that good quality clothes that are useful...I will store in plastic totes under guest room bed - that is ALL I will store!  The rest will fit in master closet/dressers and overflow/dressy/seasonal in larger guest room.  Anything more than that - we DO NOT NEED!  The smaller guest room will be used for craft/office closet.  It is a tiny walk-in that has shelves that cover 2 walls (and 3rd wall up high - that I put in).  I will store little used fabric up high and down low I will literally make an office "desk" and I am going to take the doors off and store them in the attic.  The room also has built in drawers that hold craft stuff and I put in a sleeper sofa and a chair.  I plan to use that room for company overflow and for a sitting room if one of us wants to sit and watch a different TV show, or read and just have a bit of privacy.  It is small!  But cozy.

Other than that - not much frugal/projects/clearing out got done this past weekend, but it felt great to sit and relax all afternoon.  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment