Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas

I am back at city house, after spending weekend at retirement house.  Had great Christmas dinner with in laws at SIL and her husbands beautuful home.  So enjoyed seeing MIL& FIL with their new puppy.  My husband and his siblings think it will literally make their 83 yo father live longer having a new dog.  It snowed about a half inch whike we were there and it melted same day.

We drive home Sunday Christmas eve in time fir church with my maternal aunts and uncles and cousins.  They light candles at the end...it was magical.  My heart swelled up with happiness and love.  There was a time in my life the sadness crowded out the happiness.  That is distant memory.

Today is just DH and I enjoying our last Christmas in CH.  I am roasting a pheasant gifted to us last year and i bought a few other treats for us.  We are going to enjoy a quiet day...then go back to work tomorrow.  As much as i am sad when the holidays are over, I am getting to the point I enjoy getting more balanced diet and scheduke back...and the white, cold, dark quiet of January.  Sort of a clean slate. 
I hope if you read this, you can get a clesn slate feeling for the time after the holidays.  Sort of like when you lay in a fetal position after yoga...to let it sink in.  Namaste 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment