Sunday, December 31, 2017

HNY!

This is a special year for me.  This year my DGM made it through an illness and hospital stay just after her 98th bday.  I turned 50 this year and my DH is retiring next year, making 2017 our last full year (& last winter) in this city/state.  We celebrated our 10 year amniversary and 10 years in this house.  It has been awesome, we love our house.  However, we are ready to downsize.

In 2018, i am going to try to stop saying downsize and say rightsize.  I am not into making resolutions to feel bad about not keeping, but I am into sharpening and focusing my intentions.  There is a lot of power into writing down our goals. 

My word next year is "abide".  As we move toward a huge life transition, I want to abide in the present.  I also want to abide in whatever I experience, not tune out with distractions.  But most of all, I have been learning in church to "abide" with Christ in my daily life.

I hope you feel joy and hope as you abide in 2018!  Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Transitions can be hard but it sounds like you have the right reason to move so that should make it easier. WE have moved 29 times in the 53 years of marriage. A couple times to foreign countries which made for an exciting life. I like the word rightsize much better then downsize. Thanks for the new word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and hope our paths cross again. It sounds like you have LOTS of stories and a strong marriage. I admire you. Have a great rest of your week.

      Delete