Monday, June 17, 2019

One More Week Till Summer


Well, we had a lovely weekend.  I got home around 2pm and got my stuff unpacked and got partially packed for the return today.  Not as many loads of laundry this weekend, but still had several.  We just ate leftovers, didn't go anywhere Friday. 

The weather was pretty Friday.  Woke up Sat to go to couple car shows, were going to drive the convertible we are selling...but it was pouring rain.  So, we just drove my truck.  But we enjoyed couple cars shows.  After the 1st, we did a really pretty walk around a lake, then we had lunch.  Found a GREAT taco place.  Then the 2nd show was an exotic show where the people drove them down an airstrip and the local police department clocked their speed with radar.  It was fun.  Got warm Sat afternoon. 

We took my in laws out to dinner Sat night.  Then we just chilled at home and watched tv.  Sunday I went to the gymn.  I joined gymn in the city so I could easily and safely walk after work up here (and stay out of my aunt and uncle's house some, after work).  The chain has a location 8 miles from retirement home, so I went there Sunday morning.  It was nice.  Will be nice to walk all summer whenever I want to, not worry about the heat.  Then I had my nails done and home to relax and read the afternoon with DH.  Then we grilled burgers and picked a BUNCH of lettuce and kale.

I brought enough lettuce for salad for lunch every day and left DH a bunch.  The kale, I washed up and filled an entire drawer in my fridge.  I am taking a bunch to my friend and her vegetarian sister this next weekend.  I am going to have kale salad all next week. 

We also picked a bunch of green beans and a few radishes.  The radish greens I kept, washed and put in a bag in freezer.  I will cook bunch of veggie scraps down and make vegetable broth.  Was nice to have Sunday night to relax with DH, I stayed down south till Monday morning because I had a dentist appointment.  Now I should be finished till next cleaning in Nov.  I drove up to work and got here around 1:30pm.

Is still pretty cool seasonally, with all the rain we are still getting.  Down home at retirement home, we have not turned on our AC yet!  I was a bit hot this weekend, I will probably have to insist on it next weekend.  I just cannot sleep when it gets into the mid 80's.

Hope you are having a nice Monday.

10 comments:

  1. it's nice you have a garden for fresh greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this lettuce more than any I have ever bought. We have not bought lettuce since April. And I eat salad everyday.

      Delete
  2. "Summer" is only a few days away. I love it when everything is green like your garden. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasant week end you fashioned for yourselves. I am so envious of your raised beds and fresh kale and lettuce. This is the first year I have not planted. Getting old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have ripe tomatoes very soon! Cannot wait. Hope you have friends who still garden - next best thing!

      Delete
  4. I love kale but have a hard time eating it raw. My husband makes a dish of white beans and kale that I absolutely love. Sometimes he puts in a bit of Mexican chorizo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good! I am going to try a raw kale salad that you "massage" the dressing into. If I can tolerate it, this is the kale to try because the kale you see in stores is so big and tough. I picked mine when still pretty small. I also saw a "recipe" where I can just blend it up with food processor and store in frozen cubes for my smoothies.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking mighty fine.
    Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We planted pretty close together, I am sure a common rookie mistake. Live and learn.

      Delete
  6. I’m from USA am here to give my testimony about Dr Robinson who helped me cure my HERPES (HSV), i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS), i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. Three months ago a friend suggested that I try herbal medicine; from a very powerful herbal doctor called (Dr.Robinson) I looked up his blog on the internet site and indeed he have had immense success with his product. There were lot of persons posting their testimony about how he cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result just came out negative. (Robinson.buckler (@ yahoo). com 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂 I must admit ( ( Robinson.buckler) ) is really a genuine man when it comes to getting an ex lover back

    ReplyDelete