Monday, June 24, 2019

My Baby's (DH) Birthday

I don't really have a baby.  My dogs.  In this case, I mean my baby birthday is my DH.  Today he turns 65.  I think it is a milestone bday for him.  He is sort of thinking it is a big number.  But he seems to be doing ok with my working during the week.  His back is really bothering him a lot.  I think he needs to try some different things, like stretching exercises and holistic approach, but I cannot make him want to do this.  So, he complains.  We have worked a lot on the house/yard.  Maybe it will ease off.  I hope.  I told him when I stop working again, we are doing daily yoga in the morning. 

We had a nice weekend.  We watched the John Wick 1 and 2 movies Friday at home (rented off Amazon Prime).  Then Sat I got up, walked the dog (should have made DH go with me).  My dog was worn out!  It was humid Sat.  Still seasonably cool (and so much rain!), but when it does start to heat up, it is humid! 

Then we drove to busy side of the county and saw John Wick 3.  Then we had lunch out.  It was nice.  My friend met us.  I hadn't seen her in a while!  I gave her and her sister (vegetarian and my sometimes dog sitter) bunch of lettuce, chard and kale from my garden.  I picked it after I walked the dog.  They will enjoy it! 

Then we drove home and got our convertibles and went to our little town 'cruise night'.  It was a hoot.  We decided to join a local mustang group to meet people and I think we will enjoy that a lot.  DH got a kick out of talking to some of them there at cruise night and then joining the group on FB.  We wanted to get the bikes out too, but the new battery we just bought in April is not a good battery.  We were disappointed, DH going to take it back and exchange it this week.

I offered to stay Monday and take the day off, make it up Tues - Friday.  He told me he would rather I get to come home early on Friday.  So, Sunday we slept in.  I had coffee in bed (raining tons!).  Then I went to store and bought him some things for the week, put a nice pork roast in crock pot with some veggies for him and baked him a cake.  I made enough for a smaller cake to take my aunt and uncle.  They all said it was good.  I also indulged in an apple fritter I got DH from our favorite little bakery.  It was sooooo good.  So, I just had a smoothie for dinner, after the gym. 

I ate too much junk last week, so I am doubling down this week.  No sugar for the week.  Wish me luck.  Have a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'll bet your DH will enjoy the mustang group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to ride motorcycles. All the time. Went on long road trips with friends and just us. We loved it. I just think it is too dangerous now and he does not have the reflexes and stamina that he used to have. It is just not fun to me any longer. I worry too much about him. But I don't fuss over him and let on, so as to emasculate him.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was fun. I think we are going to go again this next weekend.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby. Oh to be 65 again.
    Cruising sounds fun. They use to do that in Florida but not here. Miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love cars and bikes. I am mostly hoping DH can meet some people and make friends. I have lots of friends, always have. He just has a couple and his best friend died a few years ago.

      Delete
  4. My husband's back is also on the fritz. I hope your husband is a better patient than mine!

    ReplyDelete