Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Dear Cousin D


Remember last year when I was visiting your awesome venue and saw the picture of B riding with his father (and maybe grandfather too?).  Can't remember how many were riding in the photo, but it seemed to be 2 or 3 and it looked like it was in a parade.  It was hanging in the barber-style men's dressing room.  Anyway, I mentioned it to Bob and said I had a similar photo. 

Well, I have been going through some photos recently, looking for photos of my highschool friends (we have 3 school chums who are all suffering from advanced stage cancer - so horrible).  And I came across this photo of me riding my pony in a parade along with my dad and my grandfather.  I wanted to show it to B.

I sure do miss you and look forward to coming to visit.  It may be sooner rather than later, but I am really trying to stick this work thing out for at least a couple of months.  I am adjusting fine and enjoy staying with B and H a lot.  They are just so sweet and welcoming and tell me each day how much the enjoy it.  I try to cook for them or bring them baked goods every once in a while.  It really has been a treat, and not too bad for DH and I either (we have LOTS to talk about there - one day, I hope, on the phone or in person - just us). 

However, my job is not what I thought it was going to be, so I am not liking it very much this time around.  I am at the same place, but they have me doing something else, that I don't feel especially qualified for, or particularly good at.  Will I stick it out and learn to improve at this new aspect?  Hmmmmm, time will tell.  But I was really counting on what I could make in 3 to 4 months, so I am taking it week by week.

Hope you are having a nice summer so far.  Love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment