Thursday, June 13, 2019

Cousin D response

Cousin D responded saying we should plan a girls' weekend and said she was currently job searching.  I told her that I would call her tomorrow.  She pointed out that Cousin's Day is July 24 so we are shooting for that weekend.  We have to do something cheap because she and I are both broke right now.

I am very surprised she is job searching.  This does not bode well for her plan to retire and have a wedding venue.  I suppose I will get filled in tomorrow.

My budget buster this summer is 1)  going to Arizona, and renting a car.  2)  starting back to work had some start up costs, such as food for work location, since I live here Sun - Thurs.  Parking and gym membership/yoga classes.  Also trying to figure it out, because I am not really sure where we went wrong, but clearly we are doing some emotional/feel good spending and we must get that rabbit back in its cage.  It looks like even with me working (I am saving 2/3 of my weekly pay to contrib to savings/Roth) it is going to take my month of July to get back to the black.

At least I am feeling like my weight loss is coming along.  I did not work out last night, left early to see my Granny (but postponed because she is a little puny and wanted me to come next week instead).  So since I left work early, I got myself and my friend T a smoothie and we met and had coffee talk.  Then on way home I bought my uncle (asked my aunt first) some rootbeer and we splurged on 3 shows together with some good ole fashioned cheese curls.  I stayed up too late (10pm - I know, so crazy) and today I was tired.  So, after work today, yoga and 1 tv show and to bed early.

DH is excited I am coming home tomorrow and so am I.  I am also excited that he was at Sam's today and I won't have to go.  So, we are going to celebrate with a little kayak ride this weekend. 

Happy Thursday, Friday is coming!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, now you have made me regret selling my kayak. Have a wonderful time on the water. Great way to relax and forget the world's problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We decided to go to 2 car shows and do kayak next weekend!

    ReplyDelete