Thursday, August 29, 2019

August is out of here

Can't believe that August is almost over.  This summer has flown by.  I guess that happens when you are really busy.  I made it through yoga class last night even though my friend, T was having leg pain and didn't make it.  She is having bad Charlie-horse type cramping pain and has for a while!  Poor T, I hope she can get some answers and find some relief.

I usually treat myself to a bought smoothie Wednesdays after I do yoga.  I make my own on Tues night and most days at noon, that is all I have - smoothie for lunch.  I am tired just thinking about tomorrow - I am going home tonight, unpack and do load of laundry, sleep in my own bed...then tomorrow I ride back up here with my sister for her to visit our granny and see aunt/uncle.  My sister is fixing up aunt/uncle with an I've-fallen-and-can't-get-up button - she works for one of these companies in neighboring state and can monitor it herself.  My granny has one too.

I noticed yesterday when looking at my granny's bank account that she has a large debit coming out of her checking - I called her to let her know we are coming noonish Friday to visit and she said we would talk about the transaction I referenced tomorrow.  I think she must have put down a deposit to move closer to her daughter and probably dreads telling me because she knows that my husband and I will do most of the work moving her - but I just want her to be happy.  She will second guess and feel like she has picked lesser of two evils - but when we moved her up here 5 years ago - who would have guessed she would arrive and fly past 100 with flying colors?!  Moving her where we did was the best choice at that time.  Moving again is part of life - we will get it done.  I will assure of all these things.  Of course, we would prefer she move south to be closer to us - but I understand she wants to be near her daughter/my aunt.  If my grandmother outlives her daughter, she will move to our state.

Anyway.  DH put together the last piece of furniture I bought - a cute white coffee table with storage.  He said it was like 25 pieces to put together.  And he discovered the drawer bottoms were missing!  UGH.  I sent an email this morning to Wayfair and supposedly they will send the missing panels.  I will let you know.

I will be back home Sat evening.  While we are up here, my sister and I are having a nice meal at our favorite shopping area in the city with a couple of my girlfriends who were planning to come down this weekend - but ended up having to cancel because T has an event Saturday with charity she is involved with.  So, I said I would come to them.  Now I dread it because I am so tired.

I think the fatigue I am feeling lately is a combination of my driving and working in the city away from DH now for the entire summer, along with some extra running around I have done because of my 2 classmates dying.  So, I am trying to get extra rest and eat well.  Limit my caffeine and junk - eat lots of colorful veggies and fruit.  Lean meat.  No sugar added smoothies.  I have about 6 more weeks and then I will have some much needed downtime. 

DH and I were thinking of going somewhere in Oct.  But I am leaning toward not doing much for Oct and Nov, I need to rest. 

I hope all of you are looking forward to a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

3 comments: