Tuesday, August 27, 2019

New Table

We had a nice weekend, DH and I went to a concert Sunday.  It was really fun.  It was back up in the city where I am working.  We had to board the dogs, but we had them bathed while there were there and they look nice and smell good.  We had a nice time staying with and seeing my aunt and uncle.  I am glad DH got to see my uncle, he is really slipping last few months.  We also got to play golf with DH 2 brothers.  It was very rainy and cool!  We went by Sat night and saw our former neighbors in the city.  That was nice.  Again, very chilly for August!

We got back home Monday morning and it went from chilly and drizzly to 91 and humid in the country!  We mowed Monday afternoon and I had to stop twice to cool off and get some water!  I also watered real well and all my plants I have planted over the spring and summer look so nice!
I asked SIL how her plants were doing (she got the other half of the plants in May from her and DH cousin).  She said hers look terrible!  She hasn't had the time to water hers like we have (they own a business and have cattle and BIL works full time).  She said she will be embarrassed if/when cousin comes to town!  Ha.  I also switched out hummingbird food and ate dinner, then went to bed! 

On Mondays I go to bed at 8pm to get up Tuesdays at 3:30pm to drive to the city.  Today I am tired, but not too bad.  I will do moderate workout at the gymn after work.  I did yoga for first time in 2 months Wed and Sat and I am still a little sore!  Will not have that big of a gap ever again!
Anyway, here is our new table.  We really like it.  We are selling another table and 4 chairs, a set of end/coffee/sofa tables and a leather chair at my SIL vintage resale store.  I wanted something lighter with a pedestal.  The light pedestal is the new one.

Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and the dogs enjoyed the time apart. Makes you appreciate eachother and smelling good never hurts.
    Kind of like the black chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty. I bought them in St. Joseph, Missouri - they have a super cute antique mall there. My DH sits here at this table for hours reading his paper, so we needed more padded chairs!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the pedestal table! I'm not a fan of the 4-legged tables - they take up leg room! ha ha Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the drop leaf! I am a big fan of smaller furniture as I get older. And there is a 2nd hand store next to my gym that had a really cute drop leaf table sitting out on the sidewalk Tuesday evening. Of course! But it was really small - too small for breakfast nook.

      Delete