Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Cool Clouds

I was so grateful I made it into the building before it started storming this morning.  I have given up my $107/month parking spot to try to preserve a little money now that I am only working 3 days a week.  I have to walk about 2 blocks.  So, when I bring lunch/drinks/snacks I have to be mindful of how heavy it is!  This morning I meant to bring my bag of tortilla chips in, but forgot.  I will have to put them in the front seat tomorrow!  We have a very nice lady who has a store downstairs and I do buy things from her, but I try to limit what I buy because she has to mark it up to make money, I understand this...but dang.  I bought a soda last week (rare treat) and it was $2!  She actually carries kombucha which I buy from her occasionally when I don't feel like lugging heavy glass bottles, the mark up is not nearly as bad.

I also managed to bring my snacks and lunch for all 3 days this week and part of next week.  When I pack the Monday before I drive to the city, I get all my clothes/workout clothes, sheets/towels and pills/supplements packed and in the car.  In the morning at 4am, all I mess with is my coffee and my cooler. 

This week I brought hard boiled eggs for snack and tortillas with spinach, bacon and avocado for my lunch, along with home grown tomatoes/cherry tomatoes.  In the evenings I fix a smoothie at my aunt's house.  Usu almond milk, frozen fruit and kale or spinach with vegan protein and a 1/2 of banana.  Last night I stopped at the store because I was out of bananas and saw the English toffee MM's.  I did not care for the taste.  So I gave them to my aunt who shared them with her 4 greats.  They were all there when I got home.  No worries, I smoothied, showered and collapsed - all after my hour workout. 

I feel tired but pretty rested this morning.  Nothing a little caffeine and work won't fix. 

After this weekend of mass shootings, I felt sad.  I mostly think of the people directly involved, but I also think of our poor children and wonder how it affects them.  Feel bad.  1 Corinthians 15:43 "Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory.  They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength."  Sometimes it feels like our country is broken.

3 comments:

  1. Two blocks to walk is a long way for anyone carrying things. It would be impossible for me with empty hands. It would probably be cheaper to keep the parking space than pay $2 for a Coke and higher prices on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something to consider! I am buying my lunch this week for co worker's birthday today and tomorrow our monthly take out lunch. I have enough left over spinach and bacon wrap for Thursday lunch I think. Glad I am not paying $107 parking this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are some cool looking clouds.

    ReplyDelete