Thursday, August 1, 2019

Time Flies Even When You Are Not Having Fun

Have been crazy busy lately.  It's all good. 

I have stopped eating fruit early in the morning and stopped drinking coffee from the machine at work and I feel MUCH better.  I did have cheese Sunday morning and was bent over sick for rest of Sunday and all of Monday.  OK now.

Saturday we went to DH's aunt's funeral early in am, south.  Then we drove north to my hometown and to funeral of my classmate LJA.  It was bittersweet. 

Both funerals happy because I know they are with Jesus.  But sure is sad to say goodbye.

DH father is youngest of 7.  Is just himself and one brother left out of entire family.  We used to go to their reunions in small southern town of my homestate - they were really nice.  Can't believe almost all of the elders are now gone.  The cousin's have not kept up the tradition.  I am sorry about that.  My DH family is not social at all.  Well, of the 4 children, DH brother is social.  The other 3 - not at all.  Even my SIL I have to initate almost all interaction/socializing.  I am not good at this. 

After LJA funeral, DH drove home and my sister and I stayed and went to the dinner after and spent the evening at her husband and her lake house with 2 of my other girlfriends.  We invited several, but just us 4 with the widower.  Then, one of the guys came over and so it was 6 of us.  We stayed up talking and laughing until 2:30am!  My other childhood friend, from grade below us also stopped by and visited.  It was nice seeing he and widower catch up a little.  Widower told other friend that he would be down at the lake more and hoped to see friend more.  I know my friend liked that.  He had a difficult childhood and he craves friends to understand him.  Evidently widower was not in his late wife's trust and so now he has to move out of house in town (it will go to his son) and is moving down to the lake full time.  He grew up there, so he is aware, but I will worry because it is so quiet and isolated there in the winter.  My other friend grade below lives full time in Florida now.  But things will go as they are supposed to.  I just continue to pray for widower and for my other friends still struggling with cancer.  N was so sick he could not even attend L funeral.

Sunday morning, we rode in the boat over to other friend's in laws lake house and his wife fixed such a nice breakfast for us all!  (That is when I ate cheese - I KNOW better!).  Got home Sunday afternoon and crashed.  It was our anniversary.  DH had played golf earlier with his brother still down for aunt's funeral and he was tired.  I got home, did 4 miles walk in the heat and I collapsed.  So, we will celebrate our anniversary this weekend.

Monday, we mowed.  I went to bed early, then drove up to city 4:30am Tues.  Worked Tues - Thurs and here I am.  DH coming up to the city for his dr apt in am.  Will play golf again in am.  I will prob stay behind and clean house for my aunt I am staying with.  Then we will drive by lake 1 night and see Florida friend (his wife not coming till Sunday) and then get on home and relieve our dog sitter. 

Goodbye July, hello August.  Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very busy. My parents loved to play golf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DH loves to play but it hurts his back. I think we need to join indoor pool and get him swimming.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a bittersweet time for you. I like the title of your post.

    ReplyDelete