Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday Inspiration

Despite being tired I had good day at the gym after work yesterday.  You know how somedays it is just a chore?  Well, it went well yesterday.  I got my walk done and then did 30 min on the bike.  Got home and showered, ready for bed.  Stayed up too late visiting with my Aunt.  Then we had to watch our Grace and Frankie episode.  I have to pack up my laundry and pick up a little tonight, since I get up zoon to work and leave directly from work.  Can't wait to get home.

Called DH on my way home from gym last night.  I always call him before bed, but I was calling 8ish to let him know I was planning to go to bed early.  Well, he sounded really up and happy and I heard music in the background.  He had gone to a bike night about 20 miles away with a neighbor we knew had a bike.  I was happy to know he got out and did something. 

More on that...my husband has really made some great changes lately.  He stopped taking pain medication and is trying lyrica for his back pain and having some results with that.  He sounds really good.  I can't wait to see him in person.  We have never been apart for 10 days before and never will again. 

I listened to a couple of Super Soul Sunday podcasts this morning.  One of them about False Ego.  I need to stop letting my ego boss me around.  Then listened to Nordic True Crime podcast about the sinking of the MS Estonia, a ferry that sank in the Baltic Sea in 1994.  The story is crazy about how the ferry wreckage and the people who went down with it were left down there and considered a "grave" and any diving there is prohibited by law.  A man came forward who worked there and said that there were military equipment shipments (in vehicles) that were ordered through and not to inspected and other questionable things...I never knew all this happened after the accident.  You should check out Nordic True Crime podcast.  It is good.  Her voice is soothing and the music is creepy.

I also recently listened to Heartland, a memoir by Sarah Smarsh.  It was good.  About growing up poor rural Kansas.  I always thought my family/ancestors were pretty poor also, but at least my relatives seemed to have fairly consistent/stable lives, compared to the family Smarsh discusses.  My grandmother grew up rural northern Missouri and was poor farmers, but my grandmother says they did not really know they were poor during the Depression because everyone else was poor too.

Well, I saw this and liked what it said.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment