Thursday, August 15, 2019


I love Ginny's post today from Marshmallow Ranch blog.  It is about metamorphosis.  I wish I could write like she does.  I think like she does, often.  But somewhere between brain and mouth or fingers, it dissipates.  You should go and read her post today.  She includes a scripture that I love.

“And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”
2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV

I am hearing from my group of classmate friends how our friend, N, is slipping away.  It is killing my heart.  So, I have to back up and get some perspective.

I posted this on TBT social media.  A picture of DH and my bike as we came home ten years ago from Sturgis, SD.  On the way up to Sturgis, we passed a vast, magnificent sunflower field.  I made a mental note, how much I wanted to stop and take pictures on the way home.  Well, few days later after our Sturgis adventures, it slipped my immediate memory...So, we are making the long, arduous trip home, me - not terribly experienced with riding on long trips on my own, I do well just to pay attention and keep my wits about me...we are cruising along and lo and behold, up ahead I see something that catches my attention...DH is pulling over up ahead of me.  It is the sunflower field!  He too made a mental note of where the fields were, so he would recognize when to be on the lookout on the way back.  He knew I would be delighted to stop!  We took several pictures, some I printed and still have hanging on my wall in our new house today!

Often when things seem overwhelmingly sad, God gives me a sign.  And I take it!

N is going through his metamorphosis.  A month ago L went through hers - to everlasting life with Our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, so it's not just me? Well obviously or more people would write. Just like it is hard to run marathons too, so only a few people do it!

    ReplyDelete