Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Realtor or Fake?

So on my neighborhood group FB page a woman said "Please help, are any of you in the patio homes selling your house before May?  I have clients wanting to buy.  Please let me know..."

So I responded telling her I would send a text.  So I texted indicating that we indeed have a patio home (with a water view!) and we would be listing in April.  She then responded that her clients budget prob would not reach the patio homes, but she felt once she showed them a patio home, they would be convinced they needed to increase their budget and buy one!  Oh, and BTW, what was my asking price?  So I tossed out a number of what my husband and I had considered starting at and she said "out of my client's budget, but maybe next time!".

Wait?!  What just happened here?

3 comments:

  1. Oldest realtor trick in book. Way to either get listing or buy property to flip for profit from owners that don't know what it's worth. They might have an actual client but ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check her out and see if she is a realtor. Go to her fb page. I have never heard of this, but maybe unknown has. That is sort of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure seemed disingenuous. Even if I had been considering listing with an agent, I would never select an agent that had just been false with me. Seems like a horrible business model. But I am not, nor ever have been a good sales person. I never want to try to talk someone into buying something.

    ReplyDelete