Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Winter is not Finished Yet!

So I got up Monday (Presidents Day holiday, I DONT get paid for).  Walked 3 miles, it was 60 degrees.  Then 12:20pm we golfed, just DH and I.  Had dropped to high 40s, then quickly low 40s, then drizzle.  But only for like 4th or 5th hole.  But then I was little wet and chilly and my hands never totally warmed back up.  Plenty of layers up top, not sure why I didn't double up layers on legs, guess cause I was so warm on my walk.
 
Anyway, my game suffered.  But I still feel I am making progress.  I need practice on my putting big time.  It was obviously overcast mon and tues (ice storm, yay good times), but it stayed light till well after 6.  I had friends over coffee 6pm monday.  I really worry about one friend there.  I worry about some not there and sev family members too.  But my plate us full of planning, executing and purging for our move.  I ask God to carry the burden.  He is the One who can do it. 
 
Have a fierce week.  Try to limit news consumption, it is too depressing.  I focus on good news and gratitude.  Next week might be in the 50's!  We can do this!
 
P.S.  I found a home for my 7 foot tall inside corn plant (tree - no room at RH!).  Sure wish I could should you a picture!  HAHAHA.  Maybe I can talk her into a couple others.  My gardenia in pot inside is hanging in there, but is sure not exactly thriving!  Could not tell if my fig and catalpa trees planted ouside at RH will make it when I was down there.  Guess we shall see!  I also gave my old phone to my friend to give to her mother.  I made her mother and sister afgan's last year and early this year.  They loved them so much, her mom sent me nice Hobby Lobby gift card.  I used it to pay for custom framing for an embroidery of 2 cardinals my sister in law gave me.  I will look at that embroidery and think of my sister in law and my friend and her mom/sis whom I made afgans/got the gift card...funny who love/giving "goes around". 

No comments:

Post a Comment