Friday, October 13, 2017

Week Day Grind

Week day grind
Still doing overtime, which is good for pocket book but making me feel a bit stretched.  I was able to sell couple items on ebay so that is good, more clearing out.  Took a couple things to thrift store donation.  Last night I cut up approx. 1/3 to 1/4 of the apples I got from my friend's farm couple weekends ago.  Wooo weeeee, my hand and back were tired when I went to bed at 9:30!  These are totally organic, so lots of holes to cut out.  I have 3 crockpots of apples cooking apple butter overnight and today.  I will prob buy another crockpot and get another one going tonight.  I picked out some of the best prospects for apple pie filling which I will do while the apple butter is cooking.  I will can apple pie filling Sat. I will can the applebutter Sunday.  It is a big job, but is nice to get it finished.  Makes great gifts!

I went on a nice walk after work Thursday and am almost finished with my latest audiobook.  It is about a woman who lost her husband and her life as she is dealing with that and deciding whether to date again in her 70's.  I did not even know what it was about when I checked it out of the library and downloaded it.  I just happenstance chose it.  But, I am enjoying her intellect and candid honesty.  She writes simply and effectively.  The subject matter just happens to resonate with me.  There was a passage I heard last night that made me stop on my walk and make note of it.  It was about how as the months have gone by and she is dealing with her loss, there are moments that she feels are almost intolerable, but just fleeting moments and then she is back from the floating feeling.  It was moving and beautiful.  I will write more on this later.  Another story for another day.  Maybe a rainy cold Sunday, writing from my office at home instead of a quick break at work, where I must be functional.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment