Monday, October 23, 2017

Losses and Gains

10/23/17
Losses and Gains

Home from my long family women weekend!  We figured on our fingers and toes how many years we have been doing this beautiful fall arts and crafts weekend...24 years!  Crazy, huh?  We got so tired of arts and crafts about 10 years in that we started doing clothes shopping and movie the Saturday of the weekend.  We had a great time!  But now i need a weekend to recover from my weekend! 

Here's what I got rid of this past weekend:
10 pints/2 quarts of apple butter, an apple pie, a case of water...a purse (my aunt M1 bought it for $75 and I found another one like it I liked better for $12 - real leather!  Ordered it as I sat in my car while we were pumping gas!  More on "what I got" in a sec)...3 blankets, 3 crockpots, 5 gal of paint, quilt rack, 2 cute mugs (I have too many), a robe, antique Clorox bottle, pair of old Ray Bans, an unfinished quilt, a plastic 3 drawer storage unit...I think that's it.  I sold nothing online this weekend.  But I came home and listed another vest and another coat.  My aunt wants to look at a couple of my vests next time I see her.  Today I will be giving away another 2 pints apple butter.

What I got:  New purse (one out, one in), 2 new pj sets, 2 necklaces (clearance), 1 pair earrings (clearance), 3 gifts for my DH - a t shirt, hand salve to help with his winter finger cracks, kettle korn (of course), 2 shirts (one going back - I already had one very similar - oops, I am not perfect), 3 socks, a few gifts from my visiting family (NFL team work out tank, a cute dog tote, 3 quart canning jar set and a hand made sign from my creative cousin D1...and my cousin SIL bought my dinner Friday night while I was buying my sister/nieces, and a big bunch of lush grapes)...Oh, I also got quality time with my family who love me and whom I love, time with a couple of older mentoring aunts, time with a couple of younger neice/cousin I want to be there for as a mentor, time with my sister who I would do anything for, time with a cousin I adore and laugh constantly when I am with her and a new acquaintance with her SIL, whom we all agreed was a lovely woman whom we hope comes with us next year.  We laughed, we ate, we shopped, we talked, we saw lovely leaves and arts/crafts.  We went to Walmart neighborhood grocery, Walmart and Sams all in a long weekend (like we couldn't do this at home), we went to the mall.  We rented a cute movie, we got up early to get shopping early, we slept in and relaxed.  We walked outside, we rode our side by side and we took lots of pictures.  My tummy is plumper, my bank account a little lighter but my heart is over flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment