Friday, October 27, 2017

Happy Friday

10/27/17
1. Favorite smell?  New car
2. Last time you cried? Tears of happiness last weekend...lots of them!
3. Favorite pizza:  My home made dairy free
4. Favorite flower?  Gladiolas
5.Favorite dog breed? Golden retrievers or chihuahuas
6. Untie shoes when taking them off? Yes
7. Roller coasters?  Yes, but it has been a while
8. Favorite ice cream?  None, allergic :(
9. Favorite past time?  Crocheting, yoga, riding my motorcycle and golf, next hobbies to take up:  gardening and hiking.
10. Shorts or jeans? Jeans
11. What are you listening to? Usu 80's music
12. Favorite Color?  Leopard print
13. Tattoos?  No
14. Piercing? Ears
15. Color of hair?  Formerly dark brown
16. Color of eyes? Green
17. Favorite food to eat? Dessert
18. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
19. Night owl or morning person?  Neither
20. Favorite day of the week?  Thursday
21. Do you have a nickname?  Attractive nuissance, little girl, non sequitor
22. Pictures on your wall? Yes
23. What makes you most proud? reaching old age/life lessons
24. Favorite music? Everything, esp rock and roll

Ever do these in ye Olde chain emails?  Or on FB?  I try to be fairly general and don't get personal on social media at all.  I just follow twitter for news, instagram for fashion and do some general posts on FB.  It is just for fun.  But could I ever quit cold turkey?  Prob not.  Esp when I move from the city to the country.  It is a nice way to keep up with people and have some contact.  I heard from an old friend from my home town the other day.  He was mostly asking for another friend's contact info who is not on FB.  Oh well, it was nice to talk to him.  I reached out to another friend to offer my support this week also, he was cheated on by his wife, is getting a divorce.  I can't get too sucked up on the drama, politics, bad news and hate.  I am in, quick and out.  I am too busy. 

I finally sold my husband's most recent rejected golf club and a few things I am happy to see go.  I put the money in savings to do stuff to our RH.  My husband learned his official retirement date from the feds this week.  9/28/18.  11 months.  We were thinking it was going to be June, but he can't leave and not have them be able to hire replacement till Sept, so he is going to stay and take money for his cumulative sick time.  I admire that decision.  I don't have to like it.  We will go ahead and list our CH first of April.  All we really have to do  before this is deep clean and touch up paint, relocate my cat (I am going to ask a couple of friends if they will foster her, as we will be back and forth at least until I can find work in the country and 3)  clean, scrape and repaint deck.  We figure we should be able to find decent weekend weather in March and timing good with people looking to buy anyway.  I will head south as soon as I can find work.  If we sell early, DH will find a place to stay during the week and come down weekends.  Could be a busy 2018.  Given all that has happened in 2017, I am ready. 

Tonight I am making canned apple pie filling, tomorrow chunky cinnamon applesauce then I will be finished with the apples.  I hope you have a great weekend!  Can't believe it is like 58 days till Christmas.  The cold weather this morning makes it seem more real though.  I am happy I have a roof and a down comforter I put on our bed last night.  God bless.

surveys, social media, hobbies, selling stuff, apple pie, applesauce, official retirement date, selling CH

No comments:

Post a Comment