Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday Shopping for Someone Else

Funny how enlightened I think I may have become through experience and old age, it is funny how fast we can revert.  I have been going through some really difficult times with my marriage and with my state of mind.  That has lead to my isolation and sent my hamster wheel spinning.

Essentially, my M.O. is to "run away" literally and figuratively when things are hard.  I know that is why I am not blogging much.  I am having hard time putting my thoughts together, let alone down in words.  This week, I had 3 days truly alone to process everything going on and discussions with my DH.

I feel better today.  I have sat with my problems in the light of day, ruminated over them with very few distractions and have come up with some plans for dealing with things.  One of the big problems, is that I really miss my job.  So, I don't know what will happen if they end up finding an assignment for me.  That is one of the things that I just pray about and realize until that day comes, there is nothing I can do about it.  In the meanwhile, I can be fierce in our money handling.

I am shopping today with my sister, for HER!  Not me.  I have been pretty good lately.  I am winding down my closet on Poshmark.  I am trying to sort of shut that down for the summer.  Even though I am pretty good at selling and getting a little mad money, let's be honest here...it makes me shop.  So, today just trying to focus on few tweaks to my wardrobe, getting rid of excess so I know what I actually do have and will use...and I am pretty much obsessed with gardening right now!

Have a nice weekend.  If you have stuck around and still stop by.  Thank you.  I value personal interaction like never before.

P.S.  My ankle and foot are much better!  I am going to be pretty sedentary one more week, which is also hard for me.  But I need it to heal correctly.

7 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts your way, and hope the time alone processing is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have having some marriage difficulties. I think we have all been there. If you have ever read my testimony you will see we had our problems too, but we stuck it out and are happier now than we were before. I will be praying for you.

    Glad to hear your foot and ankle are getting better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiring, considering how happy and serene you live now. I think this little time has already brought about change and making us both think a lot.

      Delete

  3. I totally understand the need for interaction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I'm caught up reading your blog. :) Retirement takes some getting used to.
    Everyone handles it differently.
    I hope your foot is better.
    Oh, you really need to get back to blogging on a regular basis. :)
    Ciao, Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, not sure why I got away from. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete