Thursday, May 23, 2019

A little good, a little bad

DH went with his sister to visit their cousin an hour or so away yesterday.  The cousin was thinning our her mother's garden and had scads of extra plants she offered us.  So, they brought back an SUV load of plants to plant.  DH is like, yeah I will just wait till you get home so you can supervise.  Sure, he will.  I have my work cut out for me Sun, Mon and Tues!  Sat I think we are going to visit our sick friend at the lake, as her husband and her just had their 30 year anniversary this week and we thought we would offer a nice pick me up for her to visit.  She is having pneumonia issues however, so we might have to put this visit off.  Evidently she has bilateral.  Feel so bad for her. 


"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Speaking of fear, tornadoes ravaged across Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri last night.  I know of no friends or family affected, but my hearts go out to those who are.  3 people killed southwest Missouri.  So awful.  This was 8 years to the day of the devasting 2011 Joplin tornado where 161 were killed. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to get all those free plants! I remember years ago my grandparents thinned out their yard and we took several things. Over the years those plants grew so big and I was so attached to them. I hated to leave them when we moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine just moved and was heartbroken to leave these huge hostas. This house we moved into is the first time as a married couple we have planted stuff. We are really enjoying it. Our first house was a patio home with the outside maintenance done for us. This will probably be the last place I plant much at all. So I am enjoying it.

      Delete