Friday, May 24, 2019

Back to Friday Feeling

Now that I worked this week, I am back to that feeling of elation that it is Friday.  I need to work on this and recreate it everyday.  Be more conscious of my gratitude for every day.  But, there is no denying that I miss my DH and I miss my dogs and I miss my garden and I especially miss my mattress.

I have slept on a sofa bed since Monday night!  But it is not too bad.  I did yoga again last night with my friend T at our old yoga studio.  The studio that we started going to back in 2012 and enjoyed a session with my old instructer, J.  So nice. 

Then I spent some time visiting with aunt and uncle and uncle has been very interested and entertained by my recounting of all the free food I got this week since I started back...free lunch my first day, free fruit and left overs Tuesday, free cookies from the parking garage Wed (actually $107/month cookies!), free leftovers Thursday and donuts today. 

My uncle has the cheerful happiness of a child, nowadays, more than ever.  What is a blessing.  He always has been really happy and positive, but lately even more.  He will be 85 this year.  He is so loved by everyone.  Just a basic reminder of how much happier we all are when we are around other happy people.

Anyway, he told me last night that his favorite is the apple fritter and I agreed wholeheartedly.  They were so large this morning, that I had to cut mine in half.  It was crunchy around the edge and soft in the middle and lots of frosting.  SOOOO good.  I had not had any treat in a week, so I relished my 1/2 apple fritter this morning.  And I am going directly home from here, so I sent aunt a text with a picture of the donuts so she could show my uncle.  He will get a kick out of it.

I hope you have the equivalent of a nice crunchy, frosted apple fritter today!

3 comments:

  1. I used to have a sofa bed and it got used a lot because I didn't have a guest room. I slept on it myself several times. But never for a week! I am not sure I would survive more than a night or two. It seems that sofa beds are universally uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! The pastries look delish. Yum :)
    I love my aunts & uncles. Unfortunately, one by one they are leaving this earth.
    It's nice you can spend time with them. I know the sofa bed leaves a lot to be desired. I would miss my husband terribly & my doggie too. Your weekends should be extra special. Enjoy!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully you made it home for the long weekend and now can sleep in your own bed for a few night :) I miss all the free food from the office. We always had free lunches and various snacks would be brought in often.

    ReplyDelete