Friday, September 29, 2017

Free Produce

Having a great week!  Got some wonderful free local produce given to us.  Plus, I have a chance to get out to the country Sat to get 5 gal bucket of free apples.  I want to make apple butter again.  I did it in the crock pot.  The hardest part is the cutting up of the apples.  And canning is a lot of work too.  So, this week we ate leftovers and used meat out of the freezer and saved a trip to grocery.  Blew the grocery budget last week, nearly $200 at Aldi's.  Who does that?  I need to get better about planning and using what is offered for the weekly sales and supplement produce with farmers market in season.  But, I shopped free, pantry and freezer this week.

I am getting over the huge hit to my budget I took this past weekend.  Very much a want, not a need.  Oh well.  I have worked a lot of overtime this summer, so no big deal.  I just dug a little deeper into what things I could pare down and came up with a few more things to list on ebay, Craigslist, FB marketplace and Poshmark.  Everythng is so SLOW right now to sell, it seems like.  But, today I finally made an ebay sale.  Often a sale will seem to spur other sales.   

I have been feeling really good after having a bad week last week.  Have a challenging medical condition.  I pay attention to food, supplements, stress, rest and medication.  I have been on some really serious medicine for it since mid June.  Side effects include my hair getting really brittle and falling out, mouth sores and muscle soreness.  I think side effects are better.  I feel either really good or really bad, no middle ground.  I have given up soda (1 year), dairy (2 years) and artificial sweeteners (6 months).  I try to eat only once or twice a day and have smoothies the other meal/s.  I only have coffee on weekends.  I have black tea during the week. 

Fall and cooler weather makes me happy.  We turned our AC off last night and opened the windows.  I walked with my friend and enjoyed our chat.  Then went home and relaxed last night.  I love the chill in the air.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment