Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Gotta start somewhere...

So I have been fascinated with the process of a blog for several years.  My favorite blogs to read are ones where people just talk about life.  I especially like when one is blogging for an event or change.  So, rather than regale my friends and family into listening to my stories over and over about how much joy I am getting from reducing my clutter and getting ready to move 225 miles away (this bring sadness to family and friends I will be moving away from), I thought I would talk to the blogosphere and see if I can meet some like-minded folks out there.

Plus, I have a really teadious job that gives me sometimes several days with not much to do, followed by furious crunch time work.  Very hard to find a balance.  I probably should have called my blog Finding Balance, but that would suggest much more zen type of content, which I probably would fall wearily short.

My husband is getting ready to retire in 10 months.  283 days, 6 hours, 15 minutes and 25 seconds...give or take.  Who's counting?  Part of what attracted me to this idea is the intention to write through this process and see if I was able to, wanted to, keep this up for the 10 months.  Another part of me wants to see what writing is like since I will have a lot of free time (God willing) once we retire and move.  My husband is a little older than I am, so I am not sure I will totally retire or work a 3rd career (I have already been through 2 careers, not counting all the work/jobs I did since I was 12 years old up until I graduated from college).  I think I am a bit too young, restless, impatient, spendthrifty...scared, OK scared is a fair word.  I am a bit scared of what this will bring.  Some of my fear is about money, but about equally scarey is what my life will look like...will I like myself?  Will I feel I am accomplishing enough?  Will I?...what if?...what about?...

I have learned that journaling is a good thing.  But I want more than just journaling.  I want to get to know others out there who are going through something, needing a bit of contact.  Not only are we relocating...we are moving to a very small town from a decent sized Midwestern city.  We are going south about 225 miles to another state.  We want it a bit warmer (me, not too warm).  I have lived in this state before, in another life.  Well not really, but I lived there over 20 years ago.  I liked it there very much, but I was younger and single and restless and in career-mode. 
I am not really scared about the small town part, I grew up in a REALLY small town.  My husband has never lived in another state.  But he and I are both sick of the city and sick of the pace and sick of having to get out and get around in the cold. 

More tomorrow, I hope.  We'll see how this

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog because you visited my blog. I hope you will find blogging a satisfying activity. It is definitely more fun when you have readers, but when I started, like you, I wrote mostly for myself and for the opportunity to get my thoughts out of my head - I was taking care of my mom and the stress was getting bigger and bigger with every year. Having a place to write out my frustrations and joys was very helpful to me. AND in the process I 'met' some really wonderful people who were or had been going through the same things as me.

    Keep at it! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized you commented! Thank you! I enjoy it. I really want to look back, esp when I am retired next year. Believe it or not, I am pretty nervous about retiring. I will have to do an entire post on that and see what I release out into the world!

    ReplyDelete