Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Happiness

100 days of happiness! 

Ideas, concepts, trends, a dance, a song...go around on the web.  Like 40 days of lent cleaning out your house instead of giving something else up led me to a really great FB group that are all about organizing. 

Then organizing led me to decluttering and decluttering led me to minimalism and that led me to be more aware of what I am focusing on in my life.  I will never be a true minimalist, but then, I don't want to be.  But I would like to have less clutter and stuff to worry about, esp as I prepare to move into a smaller home and move toward retirement. 
 
100 days of happiness is something I saw on another blog and I may be a few days late, but I'm in! 

Why wait till November to think more of what I am thankful for?!  100 days approx till the end of the year.  Can't believe it.  I am happy today for a life that is slower, a little more conscious and more focused on what I have, rather than what I am lacking. 
 
I had to send a difficult email today to a colleague in another state for some free lance work he had me do.  I was a little puzzled at his request in the first place, for an envelope.  Everything in this state is done online, so the envelope really does not matter, but in his state it does.  And the client is in his state.  I was really upset that I cannot find the envelope but once I fessed up to him and sent the email after checking and rechecking my entire house (my house is in various stages of packing and moving). 

I felt better that the email was over.  Pressed send, then will deal with his response.  It is what it is. 

He responded.  Said don't lose any sleep, but if I find to send to him.  Well, there it is.  Oh well.  He may never ask me to do any more free lance, but things happen.  I am happy today that I am not going to let it ruin my day, just like I did not let a fall in the puddle walking in to work ruin my Tuesday. 
 
Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment