Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thursday walk day

Well, I managed to get GM books up to date.  She is fastidious about doing her "books" since she was a bookkeeper by trade in her younger years.  She also worked at a boutique and was a later in life artist.  Her enjoyment of clothes and shoes is evident as soon as you see her and her painting talent is evident as soon as you see her artwork. 
 
My DH and I hung as much as we could fit on the walls, all around her apartment so she can enjoy it.  I share her love of clothes and art (although I have not indulged in learning to paint nearly as much as I would like, maybe in my retired/semi-retired years?).  She really began painting in earnest once my GF was killed in a tragic accident, when she was in her 50's and became a talented and sought after artist who sold her paintings and paid for her trips in her Golden years with her fellow-widow Sister in Law.  SIL is still alive also, in her early 90's and lives about 30 miles away in her assisted living facility. 
 
Up until about a year and a half ago, GM and I would shop regularly.  Then she started having some issues with her health and became unable to get out as much.  I still help her by ordering things for her and buying from the stores and bringing things to her to approve or disapprove of!  She enjoys the compliments others in her independent living facility give her about her cute clothes and shoes. 
 
I DO NOT share her love of bookkeeping!  I took over her books last year mid-year, so I basically just continue the entries as she started and with her direction.  When the new year started, she got sick and it took me about 4 months to get the entries to balance out because her annuity and pensions adjust  as do her insurance costs and so it is confusing. 
 
Then this summer there were some atypical entries and I was stressed about getting July and August done, which I finally did last night, to both our relief.  She had her baseball game on blaring so she could keep track of the happenings and I worked on the entries in the background.  Tonight I hope to go straight home after work and take a 4 mile walk listening to my library book since I missed Tues because I was tired and not feeling well. 
 
I am going to attempt to include a photo of the gallery wall I did in my RH living room.  The deer jumping is a large cross stitch done by my dear late mother (DLM) that I found last summer, the deer head was one of DH trophies, the barn and the pheasant were painted by my dear GM and the landscape painting was done by my dear MIL.  The small pheasant pictures are thrift store finds.  Have a great Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment