Monday, December 3, 2018

December Wellness Challenge

Day 1 was go to bed an hour early.  I went to bed late after a long emotional day and 8 hours driving.  Then, I was up an hour early because I could not go back to sleep.

The benefit was wonderful but stressful, my sister and I are reminded of how much we miss my mom when we deal with cancer, and we were around many people at the event,  which zaps energy.  Especially difficult going back to our home town, where our mother passed away in 1991.

Was good to have a low key day Sunday.  I am happy to substitute something very meaningful for my extra hour of sleep.

We stopped by our childhood church and met the current minister.  We got a photo of both my mother's memorial stain glass window and we got a picture of my granny's memorial to my grandfather...a photograph of Jesus.  It is amazing.

I will do 2 days tomorrow and be caught up.  Sunday we make a list of 10 things we are grateful for:
  1.  Jesus
  2.  Love of my amazing man
  3.  Family
  4.  Friends
  5.  2nd chances
  6.  My dogs
  7.  Our comfortable, cozy, customized, organized, paid for house.
  8.  My health
  9.  My sense of humor
  10.  Our flannel sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment