Saturday, December 8, 2018

December One Week In

Friday I had coffee with friends, got manicure and talked to a guy who has couple insurance agencies in the area.  He got my resume off Linked In.  I never took my resume down or inactivated my profile.  So when he called, I listened to what he had to say.  He asked if I could come by one of these days.  I did.  I liked him and think he would be good to work for.   Just not convinced I want to work and DH definitely does not want me to. 

I suggested if I did at least PT, we could preserve his IRA instead of drawing it down.  He replied what good is money if he can't use it to have time together.  I tend to agree.  For the first time in my life,  making money is not my priority.

Saving money...not spending much...making a bit iof pocket change while thrift shopping...well, that is different.

Today for the challenge I made an epic salad.  After the pup and I had a brisk walk in the 30's.

1 bag pasta cooked
1 can black eyed peas
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup salsa
1 cup mayo
1/2 milk (I used almond)
1/4 diced pickled jalapeno
Shredded cheese (optional)
Chopped green onion

DH said he did not think he would like it, but he likes anything with green onion.

We also had venison burgers smoked on the smoker, roasted veggies and carrot soup.  I am trying to get us to eat more veggies and less carbs/meat.

It was good.  Now, TV and a fire in the wood stove.  The winter mix advisory appears to have missed us, but it was grey and windy here today.

Would not rather be anywhere but here.  Stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment