Sunday, April 21, 2019

Blogging Reflection

Aka navel gazing for me.

Not sure why I am not blogging much.  But I am sure that DH and I are continuing to feel adjustment to our new life.  So we are either busy working on projects or we are completely lazy.   Maybe we need to fine tune and find happy medium.

I am finding myself not feeling peaceful which makes me overspend and overeat.  Plus I find myself easy to find fault with DH behaviors so I dont have to address mine.

So I have decided that I just need to focus on me and make a few minor tweaks and then maybe I can affect bigger concentric rings of home, career, money, weight.

I went to a good yoga class yesterday in which we were reminded of the importance of meditation.  The practice of yoga is to be in our bodies, not just up in our heads.  To accept what really is and soften and be ok with it,  rather than constantly swim upstream.   The cornerstone of contentment is gratitude.   Yoga leads to unintentionally tuning in, living in the moment and being grateful.

The goal is to become more aware for period of time each day longer than we are actively moving.  The instructor said even 5, 20, 25 min a day will lead to big change.

So I am starting with 15 min each morning before I mindlessly turn on the TV or jump online.

No comments:

Post a Comment