Sunday, April 7, 2019

Heavy Weekend

Thursday, drove back up to city to see my terminal ill cousin, she was being helped by her brothers.  Her son is an alcoholic and absent.  So that has been very hard on her.  She said her mother so angry at son, mother (my great aunt) was writing him off. 

After that, I drove on up and visited with my Dear Grandmother and took her some cookies.  Then took her tax stuff to tax place, got that done.  I stayed with my aunt.   Had dinner with friend from 3rd grade.  She getting married Memorial weekend.   So we caught up.  Enjoyed chat with my aunt and uncle.   Cant believe how uncle failing.   He has lost 90 pounds since his fall last August.

Friday I talked to my old project manager.  I was a temp fir 11 years.   I can still do projects at my old rate.   Nothing work from home, unfortunately.   Then saw bunch of work friends, then lunch with B and T, my fave.

Friday afternoon visited with aunt and cousin, K1.  They got in argument,  I tried to help.  I failed.   I had coffee with friend T.  She totally understands this type stuff.    By time I got back, aunt was back to normal.  I just want no drama, I guess.  I can see where my experience can help, but of people dont want to try, justcwsnt to be "right" and not respect boundaries   nothing I can do.  So I prefer direct my energy where it matters.

Back by DGM and great Aunt on way home.  I made changes to GA wishes she had written out ( she is 95), but reminded her her grandson is sick and we prayed God gets through to him.   I was honored to try to be there for her such a difficult time st the twilight of her long life.

Tired, spending a day recouping today.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment