Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Free Labor

Well, I finished painting my kitchen ceiling this morning.  And while I had the roller out and ready, I rolled the entryway and hallway.  Both the kitchen and hallway ceiling had some old alarm components I removed when the electricians were putting lights in the kitchen and they left some holes.  I patched them and painted both ceilings.  I also had some leak marks in the entryway.  I am going to have to trim out the hallway and painted over the stain with killz, but I am happy to have the roller work done.

I went to move the entryway rug and noticed our older dog had peed, so I disinfected the hardwood floor in entryway but it dried it out and the entire area was looking sad and shabby.  So, after I finished painting, I scrubbed the entryway floor, then I went over it with the light oak Old English, then I liberally applied boiled linseed oil and blocked off for the afternoon so it could soak in. 
Afterward, we helped SIL and her husband move some furniture they bought at garage sale.  They are opening a thrift /consignment store in the spring.  Then we came home to see what else the pup had chewed up.  Yesterday she ruined a pair of my prescription eyeglasses.  DH polished the entryway floor with a dry soft rag.  It looks great!

Then I made him sit in the massager chair.  I will rub his back with medicated lotion later.  We had left over stew for dinner since my 6pm hot yoga cancelled.  That means I will just go tomorrow night, which is OK.  We may have to put off golf till Friday.  I do ok, but golf and hot yoga in one day is almost too much for me these days.

Looking forward to enjoying a couple more mild days till it gets really cold here.  Oh well, it is mid January after all.  Hope you are enjoying your hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment