Thursday, October 25, 2018

Lazy Rainy Thursday

Today we slept in.  Did yoga after golf Wed and was out if gas by 9pm!  Ran couple errands.  Walked the dogs.  I walked pup about 3 more miles after we walked 2 chi's.  Just as I got home it rained in earnest.

Great day to rearrange bookshelves.  Cleared out few more things.  Have taken trunk full each week, now I have another to take to Goodwill!

Sat with blankets and hot tea on covered back patio and read for an hour.  I like listening to the rain.  We are feeling more "pinch me" moments.  I guess it stinks in slowly,  this idea of retirement.   That's ok, I want to savor it and be in the gratitude as long as I can.

Tonight, we signed up for Netflix and binge watched Schitt's Creek.  We enjoyed it and are finally feeling like we aren't facing endless to-do lists.

I will feel better when we get our dormer windows trim replaced (couple places worn out), get edge of siding called at foundation edge and get all our trim outside painted...oh, and finally get a check.  We picked up inexpensive saw today.  We decided we want to paint our gas fire pit so we can enjoy the patio a few more weeks.  We need to ssndvoff some rust and get it spiffed up a bit.

Tomorrow's Friday, not that it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment