Saturday, October 27, 2018

Don't You Just Love Befores and Afters!?

"My heart is related to my relationship with my creator...That means my heart is attached to truth, wisdom, strength, healing and so much more. It demands that the messages filtering through my heart must first pass through my faith."
Suzie Eller, Proverbs 31.  Yesterday Amy Carroll wrote about elbow room we get when we lose something.  Something changes and we have room for growth.

I am essentially a Before and an After.

Something changed for me yesterday.   I was so tired after trimming our 2nd wisteria arbor, that I could barely make it to dinner my my dear inlaws.  But I muddled through (Mexican food, yum).
I have been gradually cutting more meat out of my meals (health and budget) and so I was starving last night.  We ate dinner and I was asleep on the couch 9.30pm!

This is a huge time of change for DH and I.  We have room to make some changes, some growth.
Some changes I have gone through previously in life have left room.  When my mom and my DLH SCG died, I had room to grow, for sure.  When I got my degrees...when I figured out children were not in my future...when I adopted pets...when my Dad died...

I am learning that if I remember I am not the center of the universe,  I can listen and let my faith guide my heart.  Right now, I am mostly getting to know myself,  which might seem weird to someone reading.

But my entire life I have stayed busy and employed many distractions to avoid looking inward.  But as I was falling asleep again after I got off the couch, brushed my teeth, washed my face and put my lotion on...I realized how blessed I am to get to know my DH more during this shift of life.

He quickly offered to drive his folks to the other side of the county Monday for a Dr appt.  His folks relieved to accept the gesture, him quick to offer and myself completely in agreement.  I just love my in laws so much.  And I am blessed to have them.

What changed to give you elbow room?  What are you learning lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment