Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sunday Drive Day

This post is from sunday, but i had to delete start over, still cannot do photos

Well, we got 4 of the 6 projects finished at RH this weekend.  I will try to post a photo.  Every trip down we load as much as we can which involves unloading and organizing so we can fit more next trip.  But, its all good. 

Got sheets and towels clean for girls weekend in 2 weeks.  Got an old light taken down.  DH got lawnmower tire fixed.  We have a person we pay now, but never know when that could fall through.  He also patched a hole in porch ceiling and used spray foam master closet where I suspect spider enter (ewww).

I cleaned weeds out of 2 raised planters and rescattered existing flower bulbs, plus transplanted my peonies.  One of the planters was full of rocks, I moved those too.  My sister (D3) came and visited while I worked.  She got some peonie bulbs, some wild onions and some cypress vine seeds.  We told her to watch where you put cypress vibe, cause it will never go away once it starts!

We got to share couple dinners with my dear in laws, but SIL and BIL were away dealing with BIL mom's estate.  She passed this summer with a house so full of stuff, you could barely walk through it.  Literally a path.  Plus, she had barely a spot cleared on her bed large enough for her to sleep.  Between these stories and seeing my Aunt's (PA) place, i vow to give my stuff away while I am alive so I dont leave a mess like that to my loved ones.  We have no children (thats another post).  But I wouldnt want to put that on anyone.  My DGM (grandmother) has been great about this, every step of the way deciding she can no longer drive, downsizing from house to apt, moving from apt to indep living, etc.  She is my role model in aging (and many other things!)

So. I will continue as long ad i am alive to be aware and organized, and hopefully proactive. 

My MIL always cuts out articles on local history.  This time it was about a local lake and how a wealthy businessman from Chicago had arrived and built a resort.  The resort eventually flooded to create a lake.  My DH and I enjoy reading about history.  We enjoy her thought that we might enjoy reading something.  I wonder if hoarding is a newer phenomenon.  I suspect it is.  Maybe because stuff is so much more readily available.  I wonder about this, that is the type of dialoge in my head.  At least when I drive 4 hours home, my mind isnt doing such random thoughts.  If you have to work tomorrow, like me, have a great Monday.  We dont get Columbus Day if thus year at my firm.  But I am mighty grateful for the income.

No comments:

Post a Comment