Monday, October 16, 2017

8 more work Mondays in 2017

10/16/17
8 more Mondays in 2017

Praying for our neighbors and my friend.  My neighbors' daughter (J) is my age and has stage four colon cancer.  She moved to another state to marry and raise her 2 children (both young adults).  It is about a 6 or 8 hour drive from here to her city.  My neighbors are my parents' (if they were both still alive) age.  For the last year, I have seen my neighbors run themselves ragged coming and going on this trip trying to help their daughter.  I really empathise with them.

My friend (R) is someone I have known since I was 4 years old.  She is suffering from mental illness and has left the home twice to go for stays in psychiatric hospital.  She is suffering and so is her family.  I have told her that I love her unconditionally and that I am here.  I have attempted to support her husband, at least in spirit.  I don't know what else to do.  Her 2 children are also young adults.  One just graduated, the other is a junior in high school. 

I feel helpless faced with such situations.  I just try to let the people know I care.  There is nothing else really I can do.  I did deliver a jar of home canned apple butter to my neighbors yesterday.  I got a text this morning saying they were enjoying it with toast and it was a nice start to their day.  I have been processing 2/3 of those apples I picked 2 weeks ago since Thursday night.  Wooooo weeeee, my back is sore!  I canned 18 quarts of applesauce and made 3 pies yesterday.  I delivered a quart of the apple butter and a pie to my work friend (B) whose farm we pick apples from.  He said next year we are welcomed to come back and pick more.  As far as I am concerned, it will be worth the 5 hour drive annually to do this.  We can visit with him and get apples, stay in touch.  More about him later, he is an interesting person!

I sold a jacket over the weekend and got ride of a couple bags of clothes/shoes.  But I also bought a new pair of walking shoes for myself and my husband, so I actually brought more in!  Plus, i must confess the store i found my walking shoes at had buy one get one half off, so i also bought a winter pair of casual walking-around sneakers.  They were not impulse buy, so that helps me keep in check.  At any rate, that is the wrong thing - bringing more in, but I got rid of my old pair and 2 pair of boots. My husband broke his in with a walk with me Sunday- worth the price!  One donated, one to sell.  I also washed sheets and towels and got a pie (froze) ready for this upcoming girls weekend.  Too busy for projects with all the apples!  But I have given out 13 jars already and have fun all winter giving and enjoying the apple butter! 

I went to see my Dear Grandmother (DG) Sat and took her and my aunt (PA) a jar.  My DG exclaimed "it is still warm!" and I barely had walked in the door when she was trying to open it and give it a sample.  I ran an errand at the store for her and so that made me feel good to help her feel good.  I won't get to see her for 2 weeks.  I have celebrated a couple of meaningful meetings with a couple of special women friends in my life and my gratitude cup is full.  I am happy for the present moment.  And then I come up with a title like today's post. Progress, not perfection.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment