Friday, November 8, 2019

Nov 8, Friday Favorites

I skipped the gym today since I knew I was working hard on the fence row today!

I am grateful for pretty sunny days!  It was cold and rainy most of the week.  We have had several fires in our woodstove.

I now have 7 giant piles of brush we will have to dispose of now...oh well.

I am enjoying the book Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand on my audio library books, Secrets podcast and at the gymn I heard a group I really liked called Black Hesrt Saints.   Try their song Lines.

DH and I are enjoying Jack Ryan on Netflix.  Last fall and winter we binged Dexter, Shameless and Game of Thrones.   This winter we are going to watch Downton Abbey.   We also like Heartland.

I am enjoying a lot of veggies right now roasted,  sturdy fried or put into soup.  I am also enjoying 'smoothie bowls ', sort of my own creation.  I blend frozen veggies, kale or spinach with protein, almond milk, chia and flax seeds,  then I top with fresh fruit,  almonds and raisins.

I have been really trying hard, I weighed at the doctor's office about a week and a half sgo... it was ugly.  Not much diff on scale yet, but I feel much better.

2 comments:

  1. I have a condition that restricts fiber, I am hoping to whir up vegetables without skins so I can eat them like soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned to really enjoy and appreciate veggies, roasted nicely with some herbs and blended nicely into hearty soup. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete