Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Nov 4, Shut the Front Door

Today I am thankful for our property.  We have 1 acre.  The lot is about the width of a standard city or suburban lot, but going back to a very deep back yard.  It backs up to our back neighbor's large back yard.  So, we don't have the view we used to have in the city subdivision, but we at least have a nice big yard and big beautiful trees and a nice bit of sky for a view.  Not bad.

Since my older male dog passed, we are getting another bigger dog for our newest dog to play with.  But, while visiting the animal shelters, I came across another small male Chihuahua and had to have him come live with us.  He is sweet.  I will post a picture of him tomorrow.

The point is, since we will have 2 larger dogs, we are going to fence in the entire acre.  This is only the short front side on each side of the house and one long side length.  The short side in back is already done and one long side on the south is already mostly fenced.  Part of our problem is the length of the south side is all grown up with weeds and trees and vines.  So I have been working on this for weeks and it is slow because I am doing by hand.  I do not want this stuff to grow back, so I have been pulling by the roots when possible, cutting with long prumers and sawing the stuff I can't get in the long pruners.  With a hand saw.  It is tedious, but I enjoy the physical workout.  

Today, I post a picture of my sweet Chico who passed just a few weeks ago and I whom my DH and i miss so much.  He was our first dog as a couple and I am so grateful we were his people and so grateful he made it to live in our retirement house for a year.  RIP Chico, we love you.

1 comment: